|Title of Invention||
PROCESS FOR ISOLATING MICROSOMAL SIGNAL PEPTIDASE NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE FROM GLORIOSA SUPERBA AND USES THEREOF
|Abstract||The present invention relates to the isolation of a nucleic acid sequence and the resultant the product of which, is of immense use in Agriculture and Pharma based products. The invention also relates to the isolation of a nucleotide sequence from the coleoptile of Gloriosa superba, the function of which has been found to be associated with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer.|
A cDNA library was constructed by making use of the GIBCOBRL Superscript Plasmid System with Gateway Technology for cDNA Synthesis and Cloning Kit.
4. The clones were screened and selected for sequencing and subjected to data base search in order to ascertain their identity.
5. Functional details of the clones were collected and the one cDNA clone which was selected, was predicted to be a homologue of a microsomal signal peptidase.
1. An isolated nucleotide sequence from the coleoptile of Gloriosa superba,
encoding the microsomal signal peptidase, found to be associated with the
diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer.
2. A method of transforming the host plant with microsomal signal peptidase,
thereby generating a series of transgenic plants exhibiting immense value in
the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer.
3. A claim as in claim 1 & 2, wherein the transgenic plants play a valuable role
in the agro and pharma industry.
4. A claim as in claim 1, 2 & 3, wherein, the protein acts as valuable agent in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer.
5. A claim as in claim 1, 2 & 3, wherein, the protein acts as valuable agent in the alleviation of other cell related disorders.
6. A claim as in claim 1, 2 & 3, wherein, the protein acts as valuable agent in the
induction Of Polyploidy In Humans And Plants.
|Indian Patent Application Number||778/CHE/2003|
|PG Journal Number||51/2009|
|Date of Filing||24-Sep-2003|
|Name of Patentee||AVESTHA GENGRAINE TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD.,|
|Applicant Address||"DISCOVERER", 9TH FLOOR, UNIT 3, INTERNATIONAL TECH PARK, WHITEFIELD ROAD, BANGALORE-560 066, KARNATAKA, INDIA.|
|PCT International Classification Number||C07H21/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|