|Title of Invention||
A MEDICAMENT CONTAINER, A MEDICAMENT DISPENSING KIT FOR ADMINISTERING MEDICATION AND A METHOD FOR PACKAGING THE SAME
|Abstract||The present invention relates to a medicament dispensing kit for administering a predetermined dose of medication, the medicament dispensing kit comprising: a predetermined dose of medication; a medicament container containing the predetermined dose of medication; a dispensing assembly adapted to receive the medicament container therein, wherein the dispensing assembly dispenses the predetermined dose of medication upon activation by a user; at least a gas absorbing component; and a sealed package forming a sealed interior compartment, wherein the sealed interior compartment contains the medicament container having the predetermined dose of medication located therein, the dispensing assembly and the gas absorbing material, wherein one of the at least one gas absorbing component is located within the dispensing assembly. The invention also relates to a method of packaging a predetermined dose of medication. (Figure 1)|
A MEDICAMENT CONTAINER, AMDICAMENT DISPENSING KIT FOR ADMINIERING MEDICATION AND A METHOD FOR PACKAGING THE SAME
CROSS REFERENCE TO RELATED APPLICATIONS [(1001} 'I'his appli
 In one embodiment the gas absorbing meterial 40 is a separated member that is slored within a space within the autoinjector housing 21, and in gaseous communication with the medicarment cartridge assembly. In such embodiment, it may be desirablr (though not required) to manufacture components of the dispensing assembly 20 itself substantially impervious to air to shiled the gas absorbing material 40 from air. It this embodiment, the outer package 12 can
be employed while practicing the present invention. Funthermore, a single package 10 has been described. It is contemplated, however that each paackage 10 may include a plurality of interior compartrnents 11 that mat be separately opened.Each compartment may contain a dispensing assembly 20 and a medicament container 30, Alternatively, one compartment may contain a dispensing assambly and a medicament container, while the remaining compartments contain aadstional doses of medication in medicament container 30 that are loaded into the dispensing assambly by the patient or health care provider when opcned. Thus, it is intended diat the present invention covers the medifications anad veriations of the invention, provided they come within the scope of the appended claitns and their equivalents.
1. A medicament dispensing kit for administer a predetemined does of
medication the medicament dispensing kit comprising:
7. The dispensing kit according to claim 6, wherein each of the at least one sealing assembly is forrned from one of an oxygen absorbing material, an oxygen barrier material, and an oxygen permeablr material.
11. The dispensing kit according to claim 3, wherein the medicament container
a dispensing clement for administering the predetermined does of medication from the meidcament container in repones to activation of the dispensing assembly.
22. The dispensing kit accoring to claim 19, wherein one of the layers contains be oxygen absorbing coponent.
XL The dispersing kit according to claim 1. wherein the sealed package includes a pluality of sealaed interior compartment, wherein each seled compartment contains a medicament container having the predetermined does of medicatin located the therein,a dispensing assembly, an oxygen absorting material, and an inert located therein,
a sealed package firming a sealed interior compartment, wherein the sealed interior compartment contains the medicament container having the predetermined does of medication located therein, the dispeasing assembly and the gas asorbing material, wherein at least a portion of the dispensing assembly is from a gas absobing material.
35. The method according to claim 35, wherein the step of withdrawing the inert gas includes applying a vacuum to the medicament container t withdraw the inert gas from the interior of the medicament container..
42. The medicament container according to claim 41, wherein the sealing assembly moves into the interior compartment of thehousing during the dispensing
providing a predetermined does of medication in medicament container, shielding the predetermined does of medication from exposssure to an undesired and
adudministering the dose of medication to patient an auto-injector assembly,
56. The drug delivery package according to claim 53, wherein said sealed compartment is an outer package,further comprising a housing, wherein said autoiniactor disposed within said housing.
60. A medicament dispensing kit for administering a predetermined dose of medication, substantially as herein described with reference to the accompanying drawings.
|Indian Patent Application Number||932/CHENP/2004|
|PG Journal Number||07/2008|
|Date of Filing||30-Apr-2004|
|Name of Patentee||MERIDIAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC|
|Applicant Address||12040 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, Maryland 21046,|
|PCT International Classification Number||A61J 1/06|
|PCT International Application Number||PCT/US2002/035033|
|PCT International Filing date||2002-11-01|