|Title of Invention||
DIAL LESS SLIM ANALOGUE WRIST WATCH
|Abstract||In analogue wrist watches,dial is used to indicate hour, minute and seconds.Dial consumes 0.04 mm thickness of total watch thickness,which restricts the slimming down process. To enable slimness of the watch,the dial is eliminated and the function of dial is transferred to a decorative ring which is housed in bezel ring.|
DIAL LESS SLIM ANALOGUE WRIST WATCH Background:
Generally in analogue wristwatches, dial is used to indicate hour, minute and seconds. The dial consumes 0.40 mm thickness of total watch thickness, which restricts the slimming down process. Therefore, the need of watch without dial to achieve slimness has been felt.
Summary of the invention:
Figure (i) - for Cross section view of the new invention Figure (ii) - for Top view (Option I) Figure (iii) - for Top view (Option 2)
In the traditional design, the dial used is having 0.40 mm thickness which has restricted slimming down of watch thickness. To enable slimness of the watch, the dial is eliminated and the function of dial is transferred to a decorative ring, which is housed between case centre and bezel ring. In the new invention, the hour and minute marks will be on decorative ring [Refer Figure (i)].
Characteristics of Dial less slim analogue wrist watch:
1) A decorative ring replaces dial to indicate hour and minute. Hour and minute marks are provided on decorative ring.
2) It has the following options:
Option 1: Hour hand can be replace by a decorative hour disk [Refer
Figure (ii)] Option 2: By using a regular hour hand, a new skeleton look can be
obtained wherein movement will be visible from the top
[Refer Figure (iii)].
1. A "Dial less slim analogue wrist watch" with a decorative ring.
2. A decorativeN ring housed between a case centre and a bezel ring transferred to a decorative ring as claimed in Claim 1.
3. A case centre and a bezel ring as claimed in Claim 2 above.
4. A "Dial less slim analogue wrist watch" assembled as claimed in Claim
1 above in which the said decorative ring replaces the said dial to
indicate hour and minute.
5. A "Dial less slim analogue wrist watch" substantially as herein
described with reference to and as illustrated in the accompanying
|Indian Patent Application Number||2968/MAS/1997|
|PG Journal Number||26/2007|
|Date of Filing||23-Dec-1997|
|Name of Patentee||TITAN INDUSTRIES LIMITED|
|Applicant Address||NO.3, SIPCOT INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX, HOSUR-635 126.|
|PCT International Classification Number||G04B37/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|