|Title of Invention||
QUICK FIT CLUTCH RELEASE CARBON THRUST RING ASSEMBLY CUT-OPEN TWO PIECE TYPE FOR TRACTORS
|Abstract||ABSTRACT Quick fit clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors comprising two-piece, cut-open clutch carbon thrust ring assembly consisting of two-piece, cut-open cast iron circular cup, two pieces carbon ring cut to accommodate correctly in the circular cup, a clip having a small folding which gets locked at the notch of the lower portion of the casting to bridge both small and big pieces such that the assembly is held by a screw which is screwed into the small piece. /|
Title of Invention;
Quick fit Clutch Release Carbon Thrust Ring Assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors.
Field of Invention:
This invention is concerned with tractors. More particularly the present invention relates to tlie improved clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly for tractors. This invention relates to novel parts associated to clutch assembly of the engine.
At the outset of the description which follows it is to be understood that ensuring description only illustrate a particular form of this invention. However, such particular fomi is only an exemplary embodiment, and without intending to imply any limitation on the scope of this invention. Accordingly, the description is to be understood as an exemplary embodiment and reading of the invention and not intended to be taken restrictively.
Baclcground of invention with regard to the draw back of associates with known art:
The Clutch carbon thrust ring assembly operates whenever the clutch pedal at the driver compartment is depressed and released. By depressing the clutch pedal, the carbon thmst ring assembly plays a role where it helps in disconnecting the clutch plate from the flywheel of the engine when a vehicle is changing geai-s. By releasing the clutch pedal (it is coming back to original position) it helps in connecting the clutch plate with the flywheel of the engine. During these operations the clutch carbon thrust ring assembly is subjected to wear & tear and is warranted replacement of the same periodically. Clutch carbon thrust ring assemblies of one-piece circular type are in vogue. A casting ring wherein a carbon ring is press fitted. After wear & tear in the operation, in the event of replacing this one-peace circular type carbon thrust ring assembly, the clutch unit of the transmission system has to be removed for fitment of the carbon thrust ring assembly over the transmission input shaft. Hence, removal of clutch unit of transmission system needs off road of vehicle for a day. This will cost loss of time, manpower and extra expenditure. This novel invention minimizes the difficulties associated in the prior art.
Object of Invention:
Object of Invention is to eliminate removal of clutch unit & Transmission input shaff from the engine so as to minimize to the least possible time of off road of the Vehicle. Object of present invention is to have cut-open, two-piece circular type clutch carbon thrust ring assembly. Object of invention is to facilitate quick and easy fitment of clutch carbon thrust ring assembly.
Single piece equipment is known in the art for a long time. Two-piece is also known in the prior art. The specific feature of the invention is in the incorporation of novel clip on top of the casting which has a small fold at bottom gets locked at the notch provided in the lower portion of the casting so as to bridge both small and big piece. The metal clip has a hole on the top through which a hexagonal screw is screwed into the small segment of the casting for firm, quick and easy fitment of carbon thrust ring assembly over the transmission input shaft.
Summary of Invention:
When a carbon ring is fixed in the cast iron circular cup is niuned as clutch carbon thrust ring assembly. The ctirbon ring is an integral part of the clutch carbon thrust ring assembly. The present invention is that the existing one-piece circular cast iron cup and a carbon ring individually as it is without any change is cut-open, into two pieces a big and small to suit to accommodate in the corresponding big and small piece in order to form a circular shape. The small segment is fixed in the big segment with the metal clip having a hole on the top, gets locked at the notching of the casting bridging small and big segments and a screw at the top of the clip screwed into the small segment forming a firm ring assembly.
The invention has been explained in relation to specific embodiment. It is inferred that the foregoing description is only illustrative of the present invention and it is not intended that the invention be limited or restrictive thereto. Many other specific embodiments of the present invention will be apparent to one skilled in the art from the foregoing disclosure. All substitution, alterations and modification of the present invention, which come within the scope of the following claims, are to which the present invention is readily susceptible without departing from the sprit of the invention.
The scope of the invention should therefore be determined not with reference to the above description but should be determined with reference to appended claims along full scope of equivalents to which such claims are entitled.
Now the invention will be described in detail with reference to drawings, which accompany the complete specification.
Other objects and any other intended advantages of the invention will be readily appreciated when the same become better understood by reference to following detailed description when considered in connection with accompanying drawings.
The Nature of the Invention and the manner in which it is to be performed is clearly and particularly described in the complete specification.
Brief description of the accompanying drawings:
Figure of the drawings shows cut-open cast iron cup with carbon pieces tlilly assembled
in plan, elevation, and sectional view.
Figure 2 of the drawings shows llial conslructit)n details ol'casl iron cup in plan, elevation and sectional view.
I^gurc 3 of the drawing shows cast iron cup cut-open in two pieces after Milling and Cutting.
Figure 4 of the drawing shows sheet metal clip according to the invention.
All the drawings are shown as engineering drawings with dimensions of various parts according to the invention. Though these dimensions constitute optimum efficiency it is to be noted that the invention does not confirm to specific dimension.
hi the drawing various parts of their assembly such as casting (1), carbon ring (2), seat to accommodate carbon ring (3), clip (4), a hole (5) in the clip to facilitate fixing screw to form a full assembly, notch (6) in the lower portion of casting and a small folding (7) at the bottom of Ihe clip having scat at the notch for locking.
The present invention has been described hither to with exemplary preferred embodiment. It is understood that the scope of the present invention is not limited to disclosed preferred embodiments. On the contrary it is intended to cover various modification and similar anangemenls within the scope defined in the following appended claims. The scope of the invention should be allowed broadest interpretation so as to encompass all such modifications and similar arrangements. Without further elaboration the forgoing will so fully illustrate the invention that others may by applying current or future knowledge readily ad^rii ihi- *;Mmp for nsp and various conditions of service.
1. Quick lit clulch release carbon thrusl ring assembly cul-open, two-piece type for tractors comprising of two pieces a big and a small piece carbon, cut from a clulch carbon ring assembly and two pieces a big and a small piece cast iron cup, cut from a cast iron circular cup in which the former is correspondingly press fitted with dowel pins to form a cricular cup assembly and a clip with a fold at the bottom, locking at the notch in the casting to bridge both big and smaJl pieces such thai the whole as.sembly is held by a screw which is screwed into the smalJ piece from the top portion of the clip and the base of the collar on both sides shaped in truncated hexagon form, giving rigidity to the assembly.
2. Quick fit clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractoi's as claimed in claim 1 wherein the clulch carbon thrust assembly in two piece circular type, the bigger piece ol'caibon ring is press fitted with two dowel pins on ihe bigger piece casting and the smaller piece of the carbon ring is fixed on the smaller piece casting with two dowel pins.
3. Quick ill clulch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors as claimed in claim 1 wherein the existing one piece circular cast iron cup and a carbon ring individually is cut-open into two pieces in order to accommodate the corresponding big and small pieces to form a circular shape, wherein the small segment is fixed in the big segment with a mela! clip having a hole on the top, gels locked at the notching of casting by bridging small and big segment.
4. Quick fit clulch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors as claimed in claim 1 wherein the metal clip has a small fold at the bottom, which facilitate locking at the notch in the lower portion of the casting bridging small and big segment.
5. Quick fit clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors as claimed in claim 1 wherein a notch at the lower portion of the casting to which a metal clip that has a small fold at the bottom gets locked by bridging small and big segment forming a circular shape of clutch carbon thrust ring assembly.
6. Quick fit clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type for tractors as claimed in claim I wherein there is provided only one hexagonal head screw at the top of the clip which is screwed into the small segment forming a firm ring assembly.
7. Quick lit clutch release carbon thrust ring assembly cut-open, two-piece type lor
tractors as claimed in claim 1 wherein the base of the collar is shaped in the form of truncated hexagon on both sides so as to give rigidity to the assembly.
|Indian Patent Application Number||891/MAS/2002|
|PG Journal Number||08/2007|
|Date of Filing||29-Nov-2002|
|Name of Patentee||SHRI. N.T.SRINIVASAN|
|Applicant Address||C/O.M &K TECHNOLOGIES, 606, MIG, TNHB, AVADI, CHENNAI 600 054|
|PCT International Classification Number||F16D13/58|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|