|Title of Invention||
|Abstract||The invention relates to a refrigerator base. A refrigerator with consealed condensor coil (3) wherein the condensor (2) mounted at back of the base and its coil is partly spiral over the base area (1) of the refrigerator as well as side walls in its consealed state; said base of the referigerator made from poly propylene co-polymer and the like material having mounting arrangements of the compressor (2) at the back of the base (1), compressor coil spiral over the front of base area said base area is also provided with tray (4) with drawers (6) to collect the excess water drained from the refrigerator during defrosting period so as to evaporate this water by the heat generated through the coil; said drawer is slidably removed from the front for removing and clearing the excess water present in the tray. The base is also provided with two wheels at the back for moving the refrigerator.|
|Full Text||FORM 2
THE PATENTS ACT, 1970
(39 of 1970)
As amended by the Patents (Amendment) Act, 2005
The Patents Rules, 2003
As amended by the Patents (Amendment) Rules, 2006
(See section 10 and rule 13)
TITLE OF INVENTION REFERIGERATOR BASE
a) Name : GODREJ & BOYCE MFG. CO. LTD.
b) Nationality : INDIAN Company
c) Address : APPLIANCES DIVISION, PLANT - 11,
PIROJSHA NAGAR, VIKHROLI, MUMBA - 400 079 MAHARASHTRA
PREAMBLE TO THE DESCRIPTION
The following specification particularly describes the invention and the manner in which it is to be performed : -
The invention relates to a refrigerator base. More particularly the invention relates to a base which accommodates compressor as well as condensor coils at the bottom of the refrigerator within the base with water collecting tray.
The conventional refrigerator having compressors at the back with spiral type condenser coil at its back for the dissipation of heat. It was been observed that the spiral coil positioned at the back of the refrigerator accumulates dirt and it is difficult to remove by the household because of the positioning of the refrigerator of the side of the wall and therefore it was felt to concealed this condenser coils by providing the coils below the refrigerator or on its side walls in concealed condition to make environment friendly dust free atmosphere of the refrigerator apart from getting shock hazard.
The invention relates to a refrigerator mounted on a plastic base on which the compressor is mounted for making the base of the refrigerator rust free.
It also reduces the complexity of assembly and therein the material cost. This
base also reduces transit damages for the refrigerator.
Background of the invention
• Before this invention, Refrigerators were made of sheet metal whose bottom area was prone to rusting due to frequent contact with water during floor swiping & cleaning in domestic households.
• Consumers were used to placing their refrigerator on a wooden or plastic stand to raise the base of the refrigerator and to avoid contact with water during cleaning.
• Number of components required for the base assembly is significantly
reduced thereby reducing the cost of the base.
• Prior to this invention, typically refrigerators were assembled using large no
of metal & plastic components. This practice leads to higher cost of
manufacturing & assembly and also leads to Service issues on quality, fit, feel
DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
• The bottom drawer base is made up of plastic "poly propylene co-polymer" material, which provides high impact resistance as well as less cycle time during injection moulding process due to high flowablity of material, thus making it cost effective. Rib structure is designed to distribute the load effectively & to avoid cracks due to concentrated heavy loads.
• This base assembly consists of moulded plastic refrigerator base, a bottom drawer drip tray which can be slided out from the front of refrigerator to dispose off the excess water and for ease of cleaning.
• This base can also be provided with a front cover which is held in place using plastic moulded snaps.
• The base is also suitably constructed to house a pair of wheels at the back slide (2 or more) suitably distributed for easy Mobility
• The base has suitable details for housing condenser coil and other components.
• The rear of the base has moulded details to accept compressor mounting pins.
• The bottom drawer drip tray is one piece plastic moulded piece of optimum dimensions to collect excess water from the evaporator pan mounted on top of the compressor.
The principle object of this invention is to provide the condenser coil in the concealed condition.
The further object of this invention is to provide the condenser coils in the bottom or in the side walls to remove disk and shock hazards.
And thirdly it is due its solid aesthetic look.
Accordingly there is provided a refrigerator with concealed condenser coil wherein .the condenser and its coil is partly spixal over the base area of the refrigerator as we)) as side walls in its concealed state. The base of the refrigerator made from poly propylene copolymer and the like material having mounting arrangements for the compressor (2) at the back of the base (1), compressor coil spiral over the base area said base area is also provided with tray to collect the excess water drained from the refrigerator during defrosting period so as to evaporate this water by the heat generated through the coil. The drawer is slidably removed for removing and clearing the excess water present in the tray. The base is also provided with two wheels at the back for moving the refrigerator.
The invention will now be described with reference to the figures 1 to 3 in the accompanying drawings.
Figure -1 is the top view of the base.
Figure - 2 is the front view of the base.
Figure - 3 is the refrigerator.
Referring to figures 1 to 3 in the accompanying drawings. The base of the refrigerator is made from poly propylyene co-polymer and the like having moulded portions for mounting the compressor (2) with its fastening arrangements. Compressor coils (3) are spirally spread over the top of the tray (4). The tray is used for collecting defrosted water, which gets defrost due to the collection of ice and gets trickled into said tray. The said tray is removable slidably from the front. The said base is also provided with two wheels at its rear for movement of the refrigerator. The refrigerator with concealed condenser coils which are spread over the top of the tray will evaporate the excess water collected in the tray, which will cool the condenser, which cools the refrigerator.
This is an embodiment of the invention. Several modifications are possible may be considered within the ambit and spirit of this invention. Since many modifications, variations and changes in detail may be made to the above described embodiments, it is intended that all matters described in the foregoing description as described in the accompanying specification.
1. A refrigerator having a refrigeration section and a base section , wherein said base section is prepared from poly propylene co-polymer, said base section comprising (i) means for mounting compressor substantially at the back of said base section, (ii) a tray to collect the excess water drained from said refrigerator during defrosting; said tray slidably removable from the front side of said refrigerator, (iii) condenser coil connectable with said compressor for carrying refrigerant, said condenser coil is placed in a substantially spiral manner substantially in front of said base section and above said tray and on side walls, such that heat from said condenser coil evaporates said drained water collected in said tray, thereby resulting in cooling said condenser.
2. A refrigerator as claimed in Claim 1, wherein said base is provided with two arrangements for wheels at the back of said base section for moving the refrigerator.
|Indian Patent Application Number||75/MUM/2007|
|PG Journal Number||36/2012|
|Date of Filing||15-Jan-2007|
|Name of Patentee||GODREJ & BOYCE MFG. CO. LTD|
|Applicant Address||APPLIANCES DIVISION, PLANT NO. 11, PIROJSHA NAGAR, VIKHROLI, MUMBAI-400079,|
|PCT International Classification Number||A47B96/04|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|