|Title of Invention||
A DUAL PURPOSE REFRIGERATOR
|Abstract||The invention relates to an improved referigerator (1) having referigeration section (2) at the top and non refrigeration section (3) provided by distributing, part of the condenser coil (4) spirally arranged at bottom of the refrigerator below the perforated metal sheets (5) for heating the food item or the like arranged in a removable drawer (6).|
|Full Text||FORM 2
THE PATENT ACT 1970
(39 of 1970)
The Patents Rules, 2003
(See Section 10, and rule 13)
TITLE OF INVENTION
A DUAL PURPOSE REFRIGERATOR
: GODREJ & BOYCE MFG CO. LTD.
: INDIAN Company
APPLIANCES DIVISION, PLANT-11, PIROJSHANAGAR, VIKHROLI, MUMBAI- 400 079 MAHARASHTRA
3. PREAMBLE TO THE DESCRIPTION
The following specification particularly describes the invention and the manner in which it is to be performed : -
A DUAL PURPOSE REFRIGERATOR
The invention relates a dual purpose refrigerator wherein the refrigerator having a non-refrigerating area at the bottom for providing multiple utility baskets which are used for storing material or keeping food in warm condition.
Refrigerators having cooling compartments are already known but refrigerator having cooling compartment at the top and heating compartment at the bottom by using compressor coils spirally arrange at the bottom of the baskets below the perforated metal plates so as to use the dicipated heat of the referigerator for warming of the food products and the like wherein the energy saving by utilising the heat that is spent outside.
Summary of the Invention
• Refrigerator with a non-refrigerated drawer at the base to store any food items.
• The invention relates to a new type of refrigerator construction which incorporates non-refrigerated compartment in the form of a drawer situated at the bottom part of the refrigerator,
• The bottom part of the refrigerator has a necessary sliding arrangement for the drawer to be pulled out.
• The drawer is suitably shaped to incorporate an handle.
• One form of the invention comprises of the plastic base which forms an integral part of the refrigerator construction.
• This plastic base comprises of all necessary details commonly known to accept and support a compressor & other related components.
• One of the advantages of this invention is that the lower cost models of this refrigerator need not be equipped with a drawer facia assembly.
• It can be equipped with only a facia assembly.
• The refrigerator consists of a refrigerated compartment at the top and a non-refrigerated compartment at the bottom. The non-refrigeration section comprises a compartment (7) open at the front and having a perforated base (5) (FIGS. 4 and 5). A drawer (6) is slidably engaged in the compartment (7) through the open front thereof for storage of food items to be kept warm.
• The bottom part of the refrigerator is suitably modified to accept a ventilated basket ,which can slide forward and backwards.
• The non-refrigerated bottom compartment consists of a basket and a front facia.
• The 2 nd form of the refrigerator comprises of a plastic base having the compressor and other parts integral to a refrigerator.
• The base has necessary details to accept a sliding drawer which can be accessed from the front of he refrigerator.
• The 3rd form of the invention could constitute a sliding drawer with a swiveling type construction to open as a regular refrigerator door.
• The 4th form would be to have a swiveling shelf at the centre in the drawer.
The principle object of this invention is therefore to have a referigeration area and a heating area by using the heat spent in atmosphere by the condensor coil.
The further object of this invention is to provide a dual purpose referigerator with the energy saving provisions.
Accordingly there is provided an improved referigerator (1) having referigeration section (2) at the top and the heating arrangement at the bottom (3) by utilising heat dicipated by the condensor coil (4) which extends over the bottom of the base in contact therewith (FIGS 1 and 2) for exchange of heat to the atmospheric air inserting the compartment (7) through the perforations in the base (5) for heating the food items and the like in the drawer (6).
The invention will now be described with reference to the figures 1 to 5 in the accompanying drawings.
Figure - 1 is referigerator having freezing section at the top and non-freezing section at the bottom.
Figure - 2 is an improved referigerator with heating arrangement at the bottom by using condensor coil heat which is dicipated in the atmosphere thereby using energy wasted in the other utility.
Figure - 3 is the removable drawer for keeping articles to be heated.
Figure :- 4 is the view of the refrigerator in open condition
Figure :- 5 is the view of the refrigerator in close condition
Referring to figures 1 to 5 in the accompanying drawings. An improved referigerator (1) having referigeration section (2) at the top and non refrigeration section (3) provided by distributing, part of the condenser coil (4) spirally arranged at bottom of the refrigerator below the perforated metal sheets (5) for heating the food item or the like arranged in a removable drawer (6).
This is an embodiment of the invention. Several modifications are possible may be considered within the ambit and spirit of this invention. Since many modifications, variations and changes in detail may be made to the above described embodiments, it is intended that all matters described in the foregoing description as described in the accompanying specification.
1. A dual purpose refrigerator (1) comprising a refrigerator section (2) at the top and a non-refrigeration section (3) at the bottom thereof, wherein the non-refrigeration section (2) comprises a compartment (7) open at the front and having a perforated base (5) and a drawer (6) slidably engaged in the compartment (7) through the open front thereof for storage of food items to be kept warm, the drawer (6) having a perforated bottom (8) and a handle (9) and wherein the condenser coils (4) of the refrigerator (1) extend over the bottom of the base (5) in contact therewith for exchange of heat to the atmospheric air entering the compartment (7) through the perforations in the base (5).
2. The dual purpose refrigerator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the base (5) is made of plastics or metal.
3. The dual purpose refrigerator as claimed in claim 1 or 2, wherein the base (5) comprises a perforated portion and a non-perforated portion and a compressor of the refrigerator (1) is mounted on the base (5) at the non-perforated portion thereof.
|Indian Patent Application Number||73/MUM/2007|
|PG Journal Number||36/2012|
|Date of Filing||15-Jan-2007|
|Name of Patentee||GODREJ & BOYCE MFG CO LTD|
|Applicant Address||APPLIANCES DIVISON, PLANT - 11, PIROJSHANAGAR, VIKHROLI, MUMBAI-400079,|
|PCT International Classification Number||F25D29/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|