|Title of Invention||
|Abstract||An assembly or plastic moplded adaptor for quarter turn nut/threaded insert or like, which enables the inserts to use in sheet metal or meachined components or any other plastics part surface and the said adaptor comprising of: i) an plastic molded or like adaptor body ii) said adaptor body for inserting thermal insertion thread iii) said adaptor body comprising a head end for insertion of threaded insert iv) said adaptor body having a base threaded to a wall of metal sheet or like to the wall.|
THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATION PARTICULARLY DESCRIBES THE
NATURE OF THE INVENTION
numbered as dated
A) FIELD OF TECHNOLOGY:
1. This invention generally relates to molded adaptors and relates to design of a versatile adaptor and specifically to adjustable molded adaptor for quarter turn nut or threaded insert. This invention enables to secure attachment to fix any metal sheet component or plastic component or any wall by embodying a quarter turn nut or like.
B) DESCRIPTION OF PRIOR ART:
2. It is conventional to have a fixed non-threaded bushes/threaded metal insert in
plastic and threaded fixed bush in metal. The invention pertains to an adaptor for
screw bases, the task of which is to make it possible to screw the threaded inserts in
metal sheet or plastic sheets or any wall. Earlier separate types of quarter
turn/threaded inserts fasteners were used with metal parts and plastic parts.
C) OBJECT OF THE INVENTION:
3. The present invention provides a simple but effective solution to this fastening
problem. It is the primary object of the invention to invent an adaptor for a new
process of using the plastic components or like in a sheet metal assembly
4. It is another object of the invention to invent an adaptor for quarter turn nut/threaded inserts used to fix sheet metal components.
5. It is another object of the invention to invent a versatile adaptor that can be used to fix any metal sheet component or plastic component or any wall.
D) STATEMENT OF INVENTION:
6. An apparatus and method is proposed here for fixing metal sheets using quarter turn nuts with an invented adaptor.
7. This assembly of plastic adaptor will enable the inserts to use in sheet metal or machined components or on plastic body surfaces. The thermal insert to be fastened by thermal insertion process into the bush and assembled. The holes in the bush enable the adapter to mount on sheet metal, machined or any wall. This can be used as a post molding-mounting device in plastic components. It's a new process of using the plastic components in sheet metal assembly. The improvement part is in sheet metal or machined components only threads can be achieved by tapping or by welding a nut or by using thin sheet fasteners (TSFs). The use of this adapter will enable to have flexibility to use quarter turn nut / threaded insert in turn assemble to the required wall.
E) BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWING:
8. The FIG (I) and FIG (II) lays down the conventional method of fixed non-threaded
bushes/threaded metal insert in plastic and threaded fixed bush in metal.
9. In FIG (HI), the said adaptor comprising a head portion marked as A and a hole for thermal insertion marked as B. The said adaptor having a base to be attached to the wall marked as C and corresponding threaded holes for clamping it to the wall of the metal sheet or any other surfaces.
10. In FIG (IV), screw, marked 5 and threaded insert marked as 1, embodied in the hole for thermal insertion within the head portion of the said adaptor (marked as 7). The adaptor with the threaded holes is clamped to a wall of metal sheet or like.
11. In FIG (V) describes the methodology of quarter turn nut or threaded inserts
insertion and FIG (VI) describes the methodology of a self threading screw within
head portion of the molded adaptor.
F) SCOPE OF THE INVENTION:
12. The invention may be used along with a quarter turn nut(s) or like embodied by designing a plastic adaptor for usage in manufacturing Medical Equipments like Ultrasound devices or any other like medical device components. The advantage(s) of this invention is to provide a simple but effective solution for fastening problem. As the primary object of the invention being to invent an adaptor for a new process of using the plastic components or like in a sheet metal assembly component the invention is novel and carries wide public utility in the field of manufacturing of medical devices.
13. Although the invention has been described with reference to specific embodiments, this invention is not to be construed in limiting sense. Various modification(s) of the disclosed embodiments, as well as alternate embodiments of the invention, will become apparent to persons skilled in the art upon reference to the description of
the invention. It is therefore contemplated that such modifications can be made without departing from the spirit or scope of the present invention as defined.
G) BEST METHOD OF PERFORMANCE
14. The invention presented herein is implemented by designing a plastic adaptor and used along with quarter turn nuts or like for usage in devises like Ultrasound scanner or any other like medical device components to enable the inserts to use in sheet metal or machined components.
H) WE CLAIM:
15. The assembly of plastic adaptor, which enables the inserts to use in sheet metal or machined components, which achieves fitting to metal sheet components as well as plastic sheets or any like wall is claimed.
What is claimed is:
1. An assembly or plastic molded adaptor for quarter turn nut/ threaded insert or
like, which enables the inserts to use in sheet metal or machined components
or any other plastic part surface, and the said adaptor comprising of:
i) an plastic molded or like adaptor body;
ii) said adaptor body for inserting thermal insertion thread;
iii) said adaptor body comprising a head end for insertion of threaded insert;
iv) said adaptor body having a base threaded to a wall of metal sheet or like
to the wall;
2. The adaptor of claim 1, wherein said base containing holes to be attached to said wall of any metal sheet or plastic wall.
3. The adaptor of claim 1, wherein body containing the appropriate thermal insert with thread suitable for a inserting nut.
4. The adaptor of claim 1, wherein the use of such adaptor in a component wherein no integral threaded parts to be constructed.
Dated this the 22nd day of August 2005.
The Controller of Patents,
The Patent office,
|Indian Patent Application Number||851/CHE/2004|
|PG Journal Number||12/2012|
|Date of Filing||25-Aug-2004|
|Name of Patentee||LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED|
|Applicant Address||KIADB INDUSTRIAL AREA, HEBBAL, HOOTAGAL LLI MYSORE - 570 018|
|PCT International Classification Number||B29C47/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|