|Title of Invention||
AN ELECTRO MECHANICAL SYSTEM FOR FILTERING DATA
|Abstract||An Electro Mechanical System consists of a memory storage unit in which the anti-intrusion programme is stored. The function of this device is to detect data that passes through the device, separate out the infected data to a demolisher unit and erase the infected data using the anti-intrusion programme. It is an effective means of protecting the system from virus, spam, ad ware and other unwanted data.|
|Full Text||The present invention provides an electro- mechanical system for filtering a digital data by way of an electro mechanical mechanism. More particularly the present invention by way of an electro mechanical mechanism senses the unauthorized data and filters the same, from being getting into the end computing system, which will prevent the computing system from being corrupted.
In the recent past with the advancement of Internet technologies and communications systems like mobile phones and the like, there are increased instances of intrusion for unnecessary data such as virus, spyware, adware and other intruders. Virus attacks on computer systems networks has been very common resulting in loss to the tune of billions of dollars to companies and governments who need to rely heavily on Information Technology. The current scenario is to use antivirus software in the systems for auto protection. The use of antivirus software creates an added nuisance of very limited access to the customers and hence an embarrassing situations to the high profile companies. The present invention is particularly concerned with the elimination and destruction of viruses, spam mails, spywares, adwares ("Intrusion programs") and the like that are released and thus protects the electronic systems like PCs, mobiles, any automation systems even before they enter and destroy the system. The inventive means saves particularly the Memory Storage Unit and the Processing Unit of any intelligent unit.
Reference may be made to the US Publication No. 2004/ 0236874 Al- to Kenneth Largman, wherein it has been disclosed that: - Computers, Cell Phones and a wide spectrum of electronic devices that use processor technology are vulnerable to viruses, spy-ware and other malicious or harmful program codes. As Anti-virus software is known, such anti-virus software frequently becomes obsolete with each new virus that is written and released. Furthermore, at least some damages will be usually being done to some computers during the initial stages of such release. Also the significant increases of such electronic devices to control and maintain operation of air-traffic, transportation system, building environmental control, stock markets, telephone systems, nuclear-power plants and other public and private infrastructure is affected by the potential harm from such malicious code that goes beyond any monetary assessment.
Reference may also be made to US Patent No. 6081894 to RVT Technologies, Inc., wherein it has been disclosed that the computer virus scanners are common and can be used to detect virus or malicious codes only once when it is downloaded. However such scanners cannot prevent viruses or such malicious codes to be downloaded. They can only aid in the identification of a virus once it has already infected the user's device. Also, these virus scanners cannot stop the infection of the system produced by the virus on which a pre-existing anti-virus program was already written in the anti-virus software.
Nowhere does the prior art disclose a method, device or an apparatus that could stop the infection of a system by the pre-existing malicious codes once the anti-intrusion program is stored into the memory of a chip.
The main object of the present invention is to provides an electro¬mechanical system for filtering a digital data by way of an electro mechanical mechanism which will prevent the computing system from being corrupted.
Also the present invention has an intelligent MEMS chip which will prevent unauthorized intrusion of the end computing system.
The present invention also provides an electro mechanical chip based security enabled mechanism for avoiding malicious codes, data, from being getting into end computing systems like computers, Laptops, Palmtops, Mobile phones, Pagers, PDA, and other digital processing systems.
Moreover, the present invention as an automatic filtering system which will avoid the unauthorized data from being entering into an end computing system, without the knowledge of the user.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS:
The drawing accompanying this specification Fig.l represents the electro¬mechanical system wherein (1) is the data input to a microprocessor chip (5), (7) is a memory storage unit. (6) is a microcontroller, (3) is a switch which gets activated on command from microcontroller (6) letting the data to either flow to a demolisher unit (8) or to pass through the data as clean output to any useful means (4) to the end computing device.
Fig 2 of the drawing shows the data pass through the switch with the data being recognized as a clean data by microprocessor (5).
Figure 3 of the drawing shows the infected data flow into the Demolisher Unit and the switch remains in the same position till the infected data completely transferred into the demolisher unit.
The present invention provides an electro-mechanical system for filtering data which comprises: a microprocessor (5) receiving input data (1), a Filter Unit (2), a Memory Storage Unit (7) which stores known software, a Micro-controller (6) which senses the unwanted data and controls the Switching Unit (3) function and a Demolisher Unit (8) which receives infected data from the switching Unit (3).
In an embodiment of the present invention the input data may be from any means such as, Internet, a voice signal to a mobile. In another embodiment of the present invention known software may be such as any known anti virus software.
In still another embodiment of the present invention the electronic means may be such as a computer, a mobile phone, a pager. In yet another embodiment of the present invention the computer may be such as a desktop, a laptop and a notebook.
FUNCTIONAL FEATURES OF THE INVENTION:
According to the invention, the electro-mechanical system functions as per the following steps:
a. The data (1) flows from the various devices/ports such as Internet, mobile phone and the like into the microprocessor (5).
b. The data flowing through the electro-mechanical system is compared by the said microprocessor (5) with that from the library in memory storage (7) for the presence of virus, spam, adware etc. The Micro Controller (6) senses the data, and analyses the status of the data. If the Micro Controller (6) detects an infected data in the main data stream, it activates the switch (3) for a pass signal command (11) or a no pass signal command to a Demolisher Unit (8).
c. The Micro Controller (6) senses the flow of data till infected data is completely shifted into the Demolisher Unit (8).
d. Once the infected data is transferred to the Demolisher Unit (8), the switch (3) returns back to enable the flow of un-infected data into the end-computing unit.
e. When the infected is transferred to the Demolisher Unit (8), the blank places remained in the input data string will be overwrited by the unaffected data.
f. The switch (3) has a fast response to the incoming signal and the control signal and will quickly go to a no pass stage should an infected data be sensed by the microcontroller (6) based on the storage device (4) reference.
This device has a very fast switching time of about 5-10 microseconds to allow for a continuous filtering of incoming data (1).
Electro-mechanical system may be a Processor, Controller, and Interface, Memory storage unit, switch and demolisher unit integrated together on a device.
More preferably the electro- mechanical system is in the form of a Chip.
The following examples are given by way of illustration only and should not be construed to limit the scope of the invention.
Example - 1
A data from a Local Area Network (LAN) is fed into the microprocessor. The microprocessor compares the data flowing into it, by using software in the memory storage unit. The microprocessor sends a signal to the micro controller, which actuate the switch to send uninfected data. The input data compared with the memory storage unit shows no infection; thereby the switch allows the data from microprocessor to pass through.
Example - 2
A data from a Local Area Network (LAN) is fed into the microprocessor, which has infected data (e.g.: - "del C" means program to remove "C" Drive). The microprocessor compares the data flowing to into it, by using software in the memory storage unit. The microprocessor sends a signal to the micro controller, which actuate the switch to send infected data or malicious data to demolisher unit, where it gets destroyed. The input data compared with the memory storage unit shows infection; thereby the switch diverts that infected data specified in the above example to the demolisher unit.
The major advantages of the present invention are as follows:
The electro- mechanical system of the present invention is effective in
removing infected data continuously and dynamically.
1. The electro- mechanical system can be adapted to any electronic system.
2. The system can be miniaturized to a MEMS configuration.
1. An electro- mechanical system for filtering data which comprises a Microprocessor (5) which receives input data (1) through a Filter Unit (2), a memory Storage Unit (7) which stores a set of instructions which will detect the infected data within the input data and also monitor the entire functionality of the system, a Microcontroller (6) which senses the unwanted data and controls the Switching Unit (3) functions and a Demolisher Unit (8) which receives infected data from the Switching Unit (3).
2. An electro-mechanical system as claimed in claim 1, wherein the
electro mechanical device comprises of a Microprocessor, Storage fcc-
Unit, a Microcontroller, a Switch and a Demolisher Unit, which is integrated on a electronic card or on a MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) chip.
3. An electro-mechanical system as claimed in claim 1 to 2, wherein the input data, which is gathered in the device, will be monitored, filtered and separated within the electro mechanical device, thereby allowing only the authorized data into the end computing system.
4. An electro-mechanical system as claimed in claim 1 to 3, wherein the input data and entire functionality of the system will gets monitored / controlled, by way of an electro mechanical mechanism by using a predefined set of instruction which is already stored in the memory storage unit (7).
5. A filter unit (2) as claimed in claim 1, is the place where the input data is stored for a calculated amount of time and processed by a Microprocessor (5) using the set of predefined instructions which is
already stored in the memory Storage Unit (7), which will be a Memory Flash, a Memory Flash Card, a Hard Disk, a EPROM, a EEPROM, a RAM, a Disc on chip, etc.
6. Microcontroller (6) as claimed in claim 1, which will receives instruction from the Microprocessor (5) which will command the functions of the Switching Unit (3) to filter the unauthorized data.
7. Memory storage Unit (7) as claimed in claim 1 which has a set of predefined set of instruction which helps the Microprocessor (5) to detect the unauthorized data presented in the input data (1) and also to monitor the entire functionality of the system.
8. Memory storage Unit (7) as claimed in claim 1 and 7, which can be a Memory Flash, a Memory Flash Card, a Hard Disk, a EPROM, a EEPROM, a RAM, a Disc on chip, etc.
9. Demolisher Unit (8) as claimed in claim (1) which will electronically destroys the unauthorized data which is filtered out from the switching unit, the demolisher unit can be a memory flash, a memory Flash Card, a Hard Disk, a EPROM, a EEPROM, a RAM, a Disc on chip, etc.
10. Switching Unit (3) as claimed in claim 1 and 9, which will follows the instructions from the Microcontroller and accordingly guides the input data to the demolisher Unit (8) or to an end computing system.
11. Switching Unit (3) as claimed in claim 1 and 10 will be an electromechanical or electronic means.
12. An electro-mechanical system as claimed in claim 1 to 11, which will detect the unauthorized data, which are transferred to the demolisher Unit will be over written by an unaffected data.
13. The electro-mechanical system as claimed in claim 1 to 12, which effectively removes the unauthorized data continuously and dynamically from the input data, which ensures enormous security to the end computing system from the malicious codes.
|Indian Patent Application Number||368/CHE/2005|
|PG Journal Number||08/2012|
|Date of Filing||04-Apr-2005|
|Name of Patentee||TRINITY FUTURE IN PVT LTD|
|Applicant Address||3RD FLOOR, ST. PATRICK'S COMPLEX, BRIDGE ROAD, BANGALORE-560013|
|PCT International Classification Number||GO6F21/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|