|Title of Invention||
A DEVICE FOR STERILIZING WATER BY MEANS OF UV RAYS
|Abstract||Device for sterilization or de-germination of water using UV rays with a Quartz glass tube, through which the water flows, and a housing encompassing the Quartz glass tube, which builds up a Chamber, in which the UV emitter (s) is or are provided, whereby in the Quartz glass tube a purification plug is placed longitudinal to the Quartz glass tube in such a manner that it can be moved/slid with the flow of the water.|
Wolfgang Vitt 65232 Taunusstein
Device for sterilization and de-germination of water using UV-Rays
For the sterilization of water, devices are used, which work with UV rays. The UV rays are generated by an UV-Emitter provided in a Chamber and for this purpose purification of water is directed into a Quartz glass tube parallel to the UV-Emitter.
A problem in this type of device is that dirt particles get deposited on the Quartz glass tubes in their inner parts. It is therefore known, that one should foresee purification possibilities. One such possibility is, for example, contained in the specimen 29802771.2. It consists of filtering cones/flask incorporated in the glass tube; such cones/flasks are hung on a spring motion. The water flows from top to the bottom through the glass tube and takes the cone along with it. The latter is equipped with 0-rings with which the dirt particles are scraped from the inner wall. Under this solution however, pressure losses are to be reckoned with because the spring force must be overcome.
Through DE 198 32 431 Al, a especially simple and cost-advantageously designed device for sterilization of a fluid has come to be known, in which UV-C-rays are applied, which emanates electro-magnetic waves, both in the tissue destruction area of 253,7 nm as well as in the ozone generating area below 200 nm. Because of this, a specially good filtration of the fluid is achieved.
Proceeding from the state-of-the-art of technology, the above-mentioned invention has focused on the task to develop an improved sterilization device, which in its design is simple and cost-effective, and results in an optimum sterilization of the water. Such a device should also be capable of working with Ozone. It should enable, in a much simple manner, a filtration/ purification of the inner surface of the Quartz glass tube and an oxidation of organic compounds must take place through the Ozone. Further, a depot effect similar to the addition of chlorine must be also achieved through the Ozone.
The solution to the task set is achieved, according to the Invention, by a device for sterilization of water using UV-rays, with a Quartz glass tube, which builds up a Chamber, in which the UV-Emitter or Emitters is/are arranged as follows, that in the Quartz glass tube, a filtering plug is placed longitudinal to the Quartz glass tub, and in such a manner that it can be moved with the flow of the water and that the device has Bypass lines for the guidance of the water with shut off valves, so that in the event of corresponding activation of the shut-off valves, a decrease or reversal of the flow direction of the water in the Quartz glass tube is effected and therewith an upward and downward movement of the plug. The filtration plug consists of an organ capable of arresting the water through flow and at the minimum a purification brush and/or purification lip touching along the inner surface of the Quartz glass tube. The latter should be preferably made of a polymer material. The purification plug can be designed with guide leads/vanes, which places it in a rotary movement.
The Bypass lines and valves are so arranged that the flow direction of the water can be optionally varied with the result that the plug carries out its upward and downward movement. The simplest possibility for the water to be guided is therein, that the additional water flow in the Quartz glass tube Is shut off. Therewith the plug sinks towards the bottom. After a fresh opening of the inlet line, the plug moves again upwards. Under both these movements, possible impurities of the inner surface of the glass tube are scraped. Several repetitions of this exercise result in a good filtration /cleaning.
At the ends of the Quartz glass tube, nozzles with enlarged through flow cross section are provided. These nozzles serve the purpose of seating the filtration plug in its end position and allow thereby simultaneously the water through flow. The nozzles are equipped with an inner conical expansion. In each expansion, a holding basked for the filtering plug is incorporated. These holding baskets have support ring adjacent to the conical inner ring of the nozzle, together with guide leads emerging therefrom. Three guide leads is advantageous for the central holding of the filtering plug. For attaching the holding basket, the inner walls of the nozzles are provided with grooves placed in the bottom edges of the holding basket.
The filtering plug is designed symmetrically, seen from its axial direction, so that it can perform the glass wall cleaning operation during its movement in an uniform manner. Ideally the filtering plug should consists of a cross rod with multiple ring formed filtering brushes and/or filtering lips.
For supporting the purity of the glass surface, the same can be provided with a roughness, which can provide a "lotus effect". The deposit of dirt particles is minimized as a result of this.
The swirl or turbulence of the water is generally carried out in order to achieve a better de-germination.
Finally, it is advantageous if the air lead through the housing is also purified, for example, through corresponding filter and with UV-rays, which are available in the area generating Ozone. The generated Ozone is added through an ozone mixer to the de-germinated water.
Based on the enclosed drawing, the Invoice is further elucidated as follows:
The drawing shows:
Fig. 1 the device with relevant circuit diagram for the water and air guidelines
Fig. 2 the upper portion of the device with longitudinal section
Fig. 3 the filtering plug in the side view
Fig.4 the filtering plug in the top view
Fig.5 the holding basket in the side view
Fig.6 the holding basked in the top view.
In Fig. 1, the de-germinating device (1) is illustrated with the relevant diagram for the water and cool air guidance as well as ozone addition. The device (1) consists mainly of the Quartz glass tube (2), through which the water to be filtered / purified flows and housing (3), which surrounds the tube (2), through which the cool air is led in and which can seat one or more UV-ray emitters. The water to be purified is led through the line (5) to a filter (6) and from there to the bottom end of the Quartz glass tube (2) and made to face the de-germinating UV-rays. Thereafter the water is directed to a water-storage (7).
In the water storage there is a gas aspirator (28) through which the rest of the air-Ozone and/or oxidation compounds are filtered. Using the activated carbon Filter, the ozone residues are neutralized. In the water line (5) a magnet valve (8) can be placed, which is activated by the Sensor (9) incorporated in the housing (3), depending upon the rating of the emitter or in the event of failure of the emitter. Further it is possible to include a water quantity meter 10, which besides its function as quantity meter activates also" the regulating equipment (11) for regulating the emission rating of the UV-emitter (4). The UV-Emitter (4) is supplied by the Energy source (12).
The air in fusion takes place through the air duct (13). To start with the air is guided to the air filter (14) and from there to the compressed air generator 15 and finally to the air dryer 16. The dried air is brought into the housing 3 and serves there the purpose of cooling. Simultaneously, the air in housing (3) is radiated by a UV-C-emitter with electro-magnetic waves below 180 nm, for the purpose of generating ozone. The ozone carrying air is directed to an ozone regulator 17 and from there to the ozone mixer 18. Through the ozone mixer 18 the ozone is mixed to the de-germinated water and thus, a supplementary purification of the water is achieved through the tissue destruction. Additionally, an oxidation of organic compounds and a depot effect similar to the addition of chlorine follow.
The bypass lines 20 and 21 are incorporated in the device 1 in which the shut off valves 22 and 23 are built in. In the inlet and outlet lines 24 and 25 to and from quartz glass tube 2 main shut off valves 26 and 27 are provided. By means of the valves 22, 23 and 26, 27 the through flow quantity of the water through the quartz glass tube 2 can be regulated. Further more, also the flow direction from top to bottom or vice-versa can be regulated. Under closed valves 22 and 23 and open valves 26 and 27, the water flows from the bottom to the top through the quartz glass tube 2. If the valves 26 and 27 are closed and the valves 22 and 23 are open, then the water flows from top to bottom through the quartz glass tube 2. Depending upon the flow direction, the filtering plug placed in the quartz glass tube (2) moves towards the top or towards the bottom. Also the magnet valves can be applied, which can be operated electrically through a time switch or a Sensor.
In Fig. 2 the upper portion of the device 1 in longitudinal section is displayed. The housing 3 consists of a cylinder 30 made of aluminium, whose components are covered with metal plates 31. The metal plates 31 are connected to each other through threaded rods 32. The quartz glass tube 2 is incorporated in the central openings in the metal plates 31 and the UV-Emitter 4 in the Goliath screw cap 33. In additional, an air exhaust 34 is connected. The nozzle 35 indicated in the drawing, is marginally offset towards the top, which seats the
filtration / purification plug 36. The nozzle 35 is conically expanded so that the water can flow sideways on the filtration plug 36. The filtration plug 36 has several filtration lips 37. They are held in the central position by the holding basket 38. Upper half of the holding basket 38, a twist plate 39 is included which gives the through flowing water a desired twist.
In Fig. 3 and 4, a possible design form of the filtering plug 36 is illustrated. The plug 36 is designed symmetrically in its central cross section surface. It consists of a cross rod 40, which Is additionally reinforced with the cross struts 41 on both its ends. In its center, seen axially, and at its ends are the scraping rings 42, which serve as purification lips and are correspondingly matched to the inner diameter of the glass tube 2.
In Fig. 5 and 6, the holding basket 38 in side view and /or in the top view is illustrated. The holding basket 38 has a support ring 45, from which four guide leads 46 emerge. The nozzle 35 has a groove 47 in which the support ring 45 is incorporated (see Fig. 1).
1. Device for sterilization or de-germination of water housing ultra-violet (UV) rays, with a Quartz glass tube, through which the water flows and a housing which encompasses the Quartz glass tube, which creates a Chamber, in which the UV radiator (s) or emitter (s) is or are arranged, is thereby characterized that in the Quartz glass tube (2) a purification plug / stop (36) is provided longitudinally to the Quartz glass tube (2) which can be slid with the force of the water flow.
2. Device according to Claim 1 is thereby characterized that the device has by-pass lines (20, 21) for the purpose of guiding the water with shut off valves (22, 23) and the main shut off valves (26, 27) placed in the inlet and outlet lines (24, 25) brings about a reduction or reversal of the flow direction of the water in the Quartz glass tube (2), and therewith an upward or downward movement of the plug (36).
3. Device according to 1 or 2 of the claims above is thereby characterized, that the purification plug (36) consists of an element (50), arresting the water through flow and at least one purification brush touching along the inner surface of the quartz glass tube (2) and / or purification lip (37).
4. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 3 above is thereby characterized that at the end of the Quartz glass tube (2) support (35) with enlarged through flow cross section is incorporated, which
seats the purification plug (36) in its end position and releases the water through flow.
5. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 4 above is thereby characterized that the support (35) is provided with an inner conical extension.
6. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 5 above is thereby characterized that in each extension, a holding basket (38) is inserted for the purification plug (36).
7. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 6 above is thereby characterized that the holding basket (38) consists of a support ring (45) located in the conical inner wall of the support (35), together with three Guide leads (46) emerging there-from.
8. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 4 above Is thereby characterized that the supports (35) are provided with grooves (47) in their inner wall.
9. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 8, is thereby characterized that the purification plug (36) is designed symmetrically in axial direction.
10. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 9 above is thereby characterized that the purification plug (36) is made of a cross bar (40) with multiple ring formed purification brushes and/or purification lips (42).
11. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 10 above is thereby characterized that the inner surface of the Quartz glass tube (2) is provided with a roughness capable of bringing about a lotus effect.
12. Device according to one of the claims 1 to 11 above is thereby characterized that in the supports (35) twist plates (39) are provided for swirling or to turbulence the water.
13. Device according to one of the Claims 1 to 12 above is thereby characterized that through the housing (3) filtered air is led and that the electro-magnetic waves of the UV emitter-s (4) are in the fabric destructive area of 254.7 nm as well as in ozone generating area below 180 nm.
14. Device for sterilization or de-germination of water housing ultra-violet (UV) rays, substantially as hereinabove described and illustrated with reference to the accompanying drawings.
Device for sterilization or de-germination of water using UV rays with a Quartz glass tube, through which the water flows, and a housing encompassing the Quartz glass tube, which builds up a Chamber, in which the UV emitter (s) is or are provided, whereby in the Quartz glass tube a purification plug is placed longitudinal to the Quartz glass tube in such a manner that it can be moved/slid with the flow of the water.
|Indian Patent Application Number||121/CHE/2003|
|PG Journal Number||32/2010|
|Date of Filing||11-Feb-2003|
|Name of Patentee||VITT WOLFGANG|
|PCT International Classification Number||C02F1/32|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|