|Title of Invention||
A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM
|Abstract||This Invention A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM pertains to the selection of various brake forces in one bobbin holder. It is yet another objective of the invention to facilitate the bobbin holder to change the required brake force without removing the bobbin holder, which is a part of a textile machine. The brake shoe has a profile in conformity to the profile of the head and an opening passing through the stud and the bearing assembly with the head fitted to the bobbin hanging tube with a slight swing motion on the radius of the stud. But at the same time the brake shoe remains open to the step-increased section of the stud, the spherical profile allowing the brake shoe to slide on the head. The selection of four different brake forces is by virtue of the cap provided, which compresses the brake spring to various heights.|
This invention relates to the earlier invention "A BOBBIN HOLDER" under Application No: 348/MAS/2002, which Is for use in the textile industry and more specifically, to a bobbin holder for holding a yarn package or a roving package on a textile machine or for conveying a yarn package, a roving package or an empty bobbin.
The earlier invention "A BOBBIN HOLDER" comprised of :
1) 'A Reliable Operating Mechanism' having retractable fingers to hold and release the roving bobbin or an empty tube, which is done manually or by mechanical bobbin changing apparatus.
2) 'A Bearing Mechanism' consisting of balls, to perform a smooth rotation with a slight swing operation.
3) 'An Internal Brake Mechanism' to apply a constant friction, to perform a uniform delivering of yarn. This brake mechanism is of a single brake force system. The principle of the Internal brake mechanism is to create a constant friction on the outier surface of the head during Its rotation. The internal brake mechanism consists of a brake shoe (16), which is having a profile that of the head (2). Over the brake shoe (16), a brake spring (13) is placed. When the brake spring Is compressed, a load is applied on the brake shoe (16). The free length of the brake spring, when deflected to a particular height, a compression load is applied on the brake shoe (16), so a friction is created to the head during Its rotation.
It is an objective for the present new invention, to provide 'A BOBBIN HOLDER" with "MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM". The internal brake system of "A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" facilitates the selection of various brake forces in one Bobbin Holder. It is yet an other objective of the invention to facilitate the Bobbin Holder to change the required brake force without removing the Bobbin Holder, which is suspended from the triangular metal section (11) in the creel of the textile machine.
'A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" is capable of applying various loads over the brake shoe (16), which creates friction to the upper surface (2c) of the head, during its rotation. ""A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" consists of a cap (14) with two pairs of leg. The legs of a pair are placed opposite to each other at 180°. Of the two pairs of leg, one pair is taller (14 a) and the other pair is shorter (14 b). A rib (14c) is provided on the outer wall of the cap along with each taller leg (14a). The taller legs are capable to locate into the slots having symmetrical heights of the Indicator (25). "A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" also consists of an Indicator (25). The two taller legs of the cap and the top portion of the cap will be rested into the Indicator. The indicator (25), having various slots with depth of various symmetrical heights (symmetrical heights are opposite to each other), allows the two taller legs (14 a) of the cap to rest In it. When the taller legs (14 a) are rested in slot (25b), the rib (14c) provided on the outer side of the cap along the taller legs, will point to the appropriate number provided on the face of the Indicator (25).
"A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM", also consists of a cover. The cover is placed on the indicator, so as the supports of the cover which is provided inside is close to the upper outer wall (25a) of the indicator.
According to the present invention of the "BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM", the selection of required brake force shall be done by simple operation. It is facilitated by pulling the cap downwards and rotated slightly to the right for the next ascending number for the increased position of brake force. The rib (14c) of the cap will be pointing to the appropriate number and as well as to the corresponding colour on the cover (24), at this position the cap is left free. The taller legs (14a) of the cap now slide into the slots simultaneously. At this position the brake spring is compressed, thus a load is applied on the brake shoe which creates friction to the head during rotation. For every increased position of brake force (from 1 to 4) the same steps are followed. Correspondingly, for every reduced position of the brake force, the same type of steps shall be followed, by rotating the cap to the left after pulling It down. However, from the 4th position of the brake force, if the cap is pulled downwards and turned to the right further, it is pointed to the first position again and when turned to the left, it points to the 3rd position of the brake force. Typical steps can be followed to select appropriate brake force as per the requirement. The "" BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" shall also be facilitated to accommodate more or less selections of brake force if required. The cap of the "BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM" shall also be provided with two slots (14d) facilitating mounting of the bobbin hanger on the creel easily with the help of a special apparatus.
Fig.l of the enclosed Drawing shows "A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM". According to the present Invention, the bobbin holder is suspended from the triangular section (11), having a cap (14) with two pairs of legs taller (14a) and shorter (14b). The cap is suitable for location Into the Indicator (25) having eight slots (25b). Over the indicator a cover (24) is placed.
Fig.2 of the enclosed drawings depicts an improvised cap (14) having four legs, of which the taller legs (14a) is capable of locating into the slots (25b), wherein the smaller legs (14b) will help to support the cap into the slots.
Fig.3 of the enclosed drawings shows the earlier invention 'A BOBBIN HOLDER', with a head (2) having a spherical upper wall (2c). For "A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM", a brake shoe (16) having a shape confirming to the outer surface of the upper wall (2c) is placed on the head (2). A washer (26) is placed on the stud (12) and over the washer a compression spring (27) Is placed. A brake spring (13) Is placed on the brake shoe (16) and over the brake spring a cap (14) with two pairs of legs each at 90° is placed on the brake spring (13). A hexagonal washer (17) having a slot is clipped on the stud (12). Over the hexagonal washer, the indicator (25) is placed in a manner that the hexagonal profile of the indicator is seated on the hexagonal washer and over the indicator a cover (24) is placed, so as the ribs (24a) of the cover is close to the upper wall (25a) of the indicator, and is fastened with a hexagonal nut (15) along with a round washer (17).
Fig.4 of the enclosed drawings shows the steps for changing the brake force. According to Fig.4a, the ribs (14c) provided in the cap is pointing to the No.l. Fig.4b, shows the ribs (14c) pointing to the No.2. Step - 1, the cap (14) Is now pulled downwards. Step - 2, the cap Is now rotated to the right hand direction so as the ribs (14c) pointing to the next Increased number No.3. Step - 3, now the cap Is let free or Inserted upwards. The ribs (14c) are now pointing at No.3. The brake force Is now at the third position. For the forth position, the steps 1 to 3 of Fib.4b is followed and the Fig.4c, shows the ribs at No.4.
1) A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM, with an internal multi-brake system, facilitating the selection of various brake forces without removing the bobbin holder, which is suspended to the triangular metal section (11) in the creel of a textile machine, comprising of a brake shoe (16) having a spherical profile in conformity to the profile of the head and an opening passing through the stud and the bearing assembly with the head fitted to the bobbin hanging tube with a slight swing motion on the radius of the stud, but at the same time the brake shoe remaining open to the step-Increased section of the stud, the spherical profile allowing the brake shoe to slide on the head.
2) A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM, as claimed in Claims (1) above, wherein a four legged cap (14) is placed over the brake spring, of which two legs are taller (14a) and two legs are shorter (14b); wherein a hexagonal washer is clipped and held on to the stud by virtue of a recession provided for that purpose, the bottom portion of the cap being plain and further provided with two slots for assembling the bobbin holder on the triangular metal section (11) with a special apparatus.
3) A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MULTI BRAKE SYSTEM, as
Claimed in Claims (1) and (2) herein above, wherein an
indicator (25) with plurality number of slots with depth of
various symmetrical heights is provided with numbers
corresponding to the eight slots of four various depths,
which are placed symmetrically opposite to each other at
4) A BOBBIN HOLDER WITH MUTU BRAKE SYSTEM, as
claimed in Claims (1) to (3) herein above, which is capable
of selecting four different brake forces by virtue of the cap
provided, which cap compresses the brake spring (13) to
various heights, the brake force positions being identified
by numerals in a manner corresponding to the ascending
or descending of brake force, which is achieved by pulling
the cap down and rotating slightly in either direction, by
virtue of which the rib (14c) of the cap will be pointing to
the numbers provided on the indicator for appropriate
brake force required, as the cap slides Into the indicator.
|Indian Patent Application Number||1264/CHE/2004|
|PG Journal Number||29/2010|
|Date of Filing||24-Nov-2004|
|Name of Patentee||MYLSAMY RANGA RAMANUJAM|
|Applicant Address||"COATS", NO. 13/24, SITRA KALAPATTI ROAD, CIVIL AERODROME POST, COIMBATORE-641 014, TAMILNADU, INDIA.|
|PCT International Classification Number||D01H9/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|