|Title of Invention||
CALLIBERATED DOSER AND DISPENSER DEVICE FOR POWDERS, GRANULES AND RESINS
|Full Text||FORM 2 THE PATENTS ACT, 1970
(39 of 1970)
[Section 10; rule 13]
CALLIBERATED DOSER AND DISPENSER DEVICE FOR POWDERS, GRANULES AND
M/s MULLACKAL POLYMERS, 5/B KANCHAN VILLA, GORESWADI, MALAD (WEST), BOMBAY
400 064. AN INDIAN COMPANY
THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATION PARTICULARLY DESCRIBES THE NATURE OF THE INVENTION AND THE MANNER IN WHICH IT IS TO BE PERFOMED.
Background of the invention
Large number of Containers are used today for packing Powdery products, Granules and Resins. To take out exact quantity of powder from these Containers for the end use, the normal method is to open the cap of the Container, remove seals, if any, and dispense it
either manually or by using spoons, scoops etc. With products that specifies accurate & consistent dosages, this method has many disadvantages mentioned below:
1. For measurement of Powder / Granules / Resins, separate Scoops / Spoons are required.
2. When dosing with the help of Scoops / Spoons etc, Individuals may make error hence the dosed quantity need not be accurate & consistent.
3. There is human tendency to not use the Scoops and to go in for judgmental dosages.
4. There is every chance of contaminating human body or environment while dosing, which is a serious problem especially if the powder is of toxic nature.
5. There are chances of spillage & Wastage while dosing with the help of Scoops / Spoons.
6. The whole procedure of using Scoops / Spoons is cumbersome and not user-friendly.
This has created a need for a user-friendly Dispenser cum accurate Dosing device.
Our Calibrated Dispensing / Dosing Device is primarily intended to dispense a definite quantity of powder (having definite mass / volume) directly from a Container - accurately & consistently - without using any Spoons, Scoops etc used in the conventional method, thereby by adding safety and user friendliness.
All the demerits encountered in conventional method using Scoops / Spoons etc are overcome by using our Calibrated Dispensing / Dosing device.
This device consists of Main body which is designed to thread-fit/press fit to the mouth of any container in the form of Cap. This main body houses a rotating shaft inside it, which is
provided with a cavity. The size and shape of the cavity is proportional to the quality of powder that needs to be dispensed and can very according to the requirement. Two openings are provided in the main body in a similar design of the Cavity, one each for
loading the powder from the Container and the other for unloading it. These are termed as "Loading Mouth" and "Dispensing Mouth" respectively.
The rotating shaft and the body are two separate parts, which are assembled together. The shaft after the assembly to the body is locked at one end to prevent it from coming out of the body while made to rotate.
An over-Cap is also assembled on the main body covering the Dispensing Mouth as an additional protection and to keep the powder safe.
METHOD OF USE
(a) AT THE PRODUCT MANUFACTURER'S END
1. Containers are filled with the product.
2. Seals or bungs etc if needed - are also fitted to the Container.
3. The Container is then fitted with the Calibrated Doser / Dispenser.
(b) AT THE USERS END
1. The inner-seal/bung, if any provided on the Container is first removed by unscrewing / taking out the Calibrated Doser/Dispenser.
2. The Calibrated Doser/Dispenser is re-fitted to the Container
3. The Protective cap is operated / removed
4. The bottle containing the powder is held by one hand in "bottom up/inverted" position.
5. Using the other hand, the shaft (which contains the cavity) is rotated at 180 deg to the position marked "Load"
At this position, the Cavity provided in the shaft is in upright position and aligns with "Loading Mouth". The powder is flood-filled in the cavity from the bottle due to gravity.
1. For dispensing the shaft again rotated back i.e. to - 180 deg. i.e. in the opposite direction to the position marked "Unload", keeping the Container in the same inverted position as in filling.
The cavity containing the fixed quantity of material no aligns with the "Dispensing Mouth" and is in the inverted position. The powder is fallen or dispensed / unloaded.
The shaft is locked to prevent rotation more than 180 deg. This is to safeguard against continuous turning of the shaft accidentally and there by dispensing unwanted material. The lock provided also help in perfect alignment of Cavity with the Loading mouth and Unloading Mouth enabling the entire cavity area to get exposed for filling & unloading resulting accurate quality of Powder to load & Upload each time.
, 2. In case dispensing is not required after filling take place, invert the container
(make it in the upright position).
3. Now close the Dispensing Mouth with the Over cap.
Calibrated Dispensing/ Dosing: Device is recommended for container that can be hand-held conveniently and/ or titled to 180deg.
The principle used for filling is volumetric filling hence is an accurate method for dispensing the required quantity of powders consistently.
(M.P.MIRCHANDANI) Attorney for the Applicant
|Indian Patent Application Number||1103/MUM/2005|
|PG Journal Number||25/2009|
|Date of Filing||14-Sep-2005|
|Name of Patentee||MULLACKAL POLYMERS|
|Applicant Address||5/B KANCHAN VILLA, GORESWADI, MALAD (WEST), BOMBAY 400 064,|
|PCT International Classification Number||B65D33/06|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|