|Title of Invention||
A SELF-SEALABLE ARTICLE AND A METHOD OF LAMINATING DOCUMENTS WITH THE ARTICLE
|Abstract||This invention relate to a self-sealable article such as sheets, rolls and folders comprising a superfme polyester film on to which a self-adhesive glue made by mixing 860gm of 1% methanol based organic glue, 25gm of Neem Kemal powder, 60gms of Bleaching powder, 40gms of caustic soda, 5gms of liquid blue, 10gms of camphor and having physical properties such as: a. Pressure sentives strength not less than : 95 % b. Transperancy after coating and drying not less than: 80 %. c. Instant slicking capacity not less than : 70 % d. Shelf life after coating not less than : 5 years e. Consumption area coverage : 12sqmts/kilo is sprayed and dried at a te?rature of 35 to 45°C for 2 to 4 hours, under atmospheric ~ conditions and a releasing paper coated with silicon and with a thickness in the range of 90GSM to 140GSM is stuck on to the film by means of 1 % Magnesium Ibicarbonate mixed with clear lacquer.|
|Full Text||The present invention relates to a self-sealable article and a method of laminating documents with the self-sealable article. The self-sealable article includes sheets rolls and folders.
The invention further comprises a composition constituting the film. The invention also relates to a technique by which instantly certificated document, maps, identity cards are laminated without the aid of any equipment or machinery.
The lamination process finds a very unique application as single side lamination, windows cut lamination, inner page of books lamination.
The folders for lamination are available in various sizes such Al, A2, A3, A4 and identity card sizes.
Therefore it is the primary object of invention to develop a laminating article by means of which through a simple process, varieties of documents can be laminated.
It is further an object of invention to invent a simple process of lamination.
It is another object of invention to invent a laminated sheet / material which is sturdy and long lasting.
A further object of the present invention is to prevent the formation of rainbow coloured interference fringes in the laminated documents. This is achieved by the present lamination system.
Further object of the invention will be clear described in the following description. The invention will be fully and particularly described in the following complete specification.
In the conventional heating method, matter is inserted between two films. The entire two films and matter are placed between thick board and heat is applied during film formation.
The disadvantages of the conventional methods are:
1. Destruction of original documents due to overheating
2. In the case of power failure during the lamination process original gets damaged.
3. The documents should match specification of machine.
The present invention is addressed to overcome the problem associated with prior art technique method or process.
The inventor has now invented a lamination film which obviate the defects associated with prior art technique.
The invention further envisages a simple process for lamination of documents.
The conventional machine, technique or process are very expensive. This novel invention overcomes the problem associated with prior art.
The salient features therefore according to the invention are as follows:
1. The lamination is carried out without aid of any machine.
2. Lamination is carried out without application of heat.
3. Lamination of any sized document is permissible
4. The capital investment is practically nil.
Materials for the laminating article:
1. Superfme polyester film
2. Releasing paper which is coated with silicon.
3. Coating on superfme polyester fin.
The process according to the present invention comprises the following steps:
1. Spreading the fihn on the working table
2. Silk screen is attached to a frame.
3. Frame is placed on superfme polyester film.
4. Spraying the chemical composition manually
5. Drying the film at a temperature of 35 to 45°C for 2 to 4 hours
6. Pressing the releasing paper to the chemically coated superfine polyester fihn by means of 1% Magnesium bicarbonate mixed with clear lacquer and
7. Cutting the film to revue-ed size and trimmed.
Material specification 1. A Chemical Composition named as Glue which has the following physical
a. Pressure sentives strength not less than
b. Transperancy after coating and drying not less than
c. Instant slicking capacity not less than
d. Shelf life after coating not less than
e. Consumption area coverage
The glue is made by mixmg 860gm of 1% methanol based organic glue, 25gm of Neem Kemal powder, 60gm of Bleaching powder, 40gm of caustic soda, 5gm of liquid blue, lOgm of camphor.
2. Polyester film: Which has the following specification:
a. Dust freeness
b. Flexibility over
c. Water proof
d. Glue adhering capacity
e. Transperancy not less than
f Tear resistance
3. Releasing paper
a. Thickness of paper: Should be in the range of 90GSM to 140GSM.
b. Silicon coating.
It may be noted that the following specification particularly describes and ascertains the nature of this invention and the manner in which it is to be performed. As stated earlier, the present invention relates to a simplified method of lamination to help everyone to laminate their certificates, documents, plans etc., of their own without any powered or non powered machineries. In the known art a document which is to be laminated is kept in between a BOPP or PVC film and again kept in a thin board and then it is inserted into a lamination machine. The machine should be set according to the films specification and the document will get laminated by heat. In such machinery systems a huge investment on machinery is a must, and again power consumption, training the operators, and the help of service Engineers are unavoidable. Safely precautions during operations is a must.
In machine lamination system, often the comers of the original documents get burned and one side lamination, inner books lamination, lamination of heat sensitive materials are also not possible.
In machine lamination system, size of document, and thickness of document should be as per the condition of machine. In machine lamination system, variety lamination such as a glass and mettle is also not primary.
In machine lamination system, after lamination the document cannot be folded, since it will be rigid. Hence, the object of the present invention is to have a system to overcome the above said defects and to have a safe method of lamination of documents.
It is to realise further the object of the invention to have a very simple, easy method for lamination of documents. Thus according to this photolam (self-sealable article) laminating system for laminating a document or a certificate is placed on a smooth table and the photolam processed film after releasing the release paper is placed on the document to be laminated and the film is gently rubbed so that the sheet gets stuck to the documents (this constitutes one side lamination). For laminating the document on both sides, the same process is repeated. The edges are then trimmed. The laminated document is tear proof and water proof
The article is also available as folders where the document is placed in the folder after the removal of the releasing paper and rubbed on both sides for sealing. Further the article is also available as rolls, which can be cut into desired size and used for lamination for single and double side of the documents.
The following description gives the comparative statement between this invention and the conventional process.
COMPARATIVE STATEMENT OF PHOTOLAM SYSTEM (SELF-SEALABLE ARTICLE) WITH CONVENTIONAL SYSTEM
S.No. Details Photolam System Conventional System
1. Machinery Not Required Required
2. Warm up Time Not Required Required
3. Service Engineer Not Required Required
4. Investment on Equipment Not Required Must
5. Operator Training Not Required Required
6. Electric Power Consumption Not Required Must
7. Safety Precautions Not Required Required
8. Materials Used Specially Processed
Polyester Film BOPP, PVC film
9. Flexibility after lamination Very Flexible Rigid
10. Burning & Damage to Original Never Occurs Occurs Often
11. One side Lamination Possible Not Possible
12. To Laminate Heat Sensitive
Materials Possible Not Possible
13. Lamination of Inner Pages of
Books & Windows Cut Possible Not Possible
14. Confidential Lamination Possible Possible with additional investment on machine
15. Thickness of Document No Limit Limit
16. Trimming the edges of
Laminated items Possible —
17. Size of Document All Standard Sizes Limited to Machine Specification
18. How strong is the Lamination, i.e will be possible to peel off especially after trimming edges? Never Possible to Peel
19. Effects of Storage of Film of years Nil Changes of fading
20. Lamination Finish Glossy and Matt Glossy
1. Self-sealable article is an instant Laminating sheet, folder and roll
2. Self-sealable article is made up of specially processed sensative coated Polyster films.
3. Self-sealable article does not require any power machines.
4. Self-sealable article avoids burning of comers of original documents because of its nonheating process.
5. Self-sealable article can be used for single and both side lamination.
6. Self-sealable article can be used to laminate any inner pages of valuable bounded books.
7. Self-sealable article is also available in standard sizes of Identity card, A4, Full scape, A3, A2, Al, AO sizes.
HOW TO USE THE SELF-SEALABLE ARTICLE
1. Release the film from the release paper.
2. Place it so that the coated side is facing upwards, on a smooth cleaned surface.
3. Take the original to be laminated.
4. Carefully place it on the coated side of the film without any shrinkage.
5. Gently rub on the top of the original.
6. Trim the edges and the document is now laminated on one side.
7. The same process is repeated on the other side of the document to have both sides laminated.
1. A self-sealable article such as sheets, rolls and folders comprising a superfine
polyester film on to which a self-adhesive glue made by mixing 860gm of 1%
methanol based organic glue 25gm of Neem Kemal powder, 60gm of Bleaching
powder, 40gm of caustic soda, 5gm of liquid blue, lOgm of camphor and having
physical properties such as:
a. Pressure sentries strength not less than : 95 %
b. Transperancy after coating and drying not less than : 80 %
c. Instant slicking capacity not less than : 70 %
d. Shelf life after coating not less than : 5 years
e. Consumption area coverage : 12sqmts/kilo
is sprayed and dried at a temperature of 35 to 45°C for 2 to 4 hours, under atmospheric conditions and a releasing paper coated with silicon and with a thickness in the range of 90GSM to 140GSM is stuck on to the film by means of 1% Magnesium bicarbonate mixed with clear lacquer.
2. A method of laminating documents with the self-sealable article as claimed in claim
1, comprising the steps of releasing the releasing paper from the film and placing the
film with the glue surface facing upwards placing the document to be laminated on the
film, a rubbing the document gently so as to enable it to stick on to the fib, trimming
the edges and the document is now laminated on one side and repeating the method on
the other side of the document to enable the lamination on both sides.
|Indian Patent Application Number||377/MAS/2000|
|PG Journal Number||13/2008|
|Date of Filing||17-May-2000|
|Name of Patentee||P. RENGANATHAN|
|Applicant Address||MAHALAKSHMI ENTERPRISES, 14 KAMBAR STREET, METHANAGAR, CHENNAI - 600 029,|
|PCT International Classification Number||B 32 B 23/20|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|