|Title of Invention||
TRAWLER WITH COLD STORAGE UNIT
|Abstract||This invention relates to a cold storage unit in trawler boat.in the existingt i.c engine and alternator is run and it pr45oduvcesd 24 v d.;c power.The produced d.c power is stored in two batteries.The batteries are connected to an inverter,which changes the 24 v d.c. into 230 v a.c. power.The compr5eswsor is run by the power from inverter,which maintains the temperature of 5he storage tank for storing marine products. through this invention we could minimize the running cost,maintenance cost,heavy initial incestment in the preservation of fishes and moreover providing a safe3 storage.|
TRAWLER WITH COLD STORAGE UNIT
Field of Invention
This invention generally relates to a cold storage unit. The cold storage unit is operated based on the refrigeration system. More particularly this invention relates to a cold storage unit in trawler.
This invention is mainly concentrated on storage of fresh fish for a period of 7 to IS days. The storage of fresh fish may be carried out with the help of cold storage unit.
Though the invention is explained with respect to fishing boat this invention will be useful in various applications such as automobiles, mobile units where in cooling or refrigeration is required.
To fabricate a cold storage unit for preserving marine biological product in trawler the components required are engine, alternator, storage batteries, inverter, and compressor.
In fishing boats, to preserve the fish during fishing without spoilage, at present ice is used. Fishermen take ice bars with them during fishing and ice bars occupy the major space in the cold storage units. The major disadvantages of this method are the fishing period depends on the availability of ice cubes and fishermen cannot extend the period of fishing due to melting of ice bars. The initial investment of icebox, maintenance cost, and running cost is high. Transportation of icebox is difficult. Spoilage of fishes is high due to direct contact with ice pieces. Net profit is loss, and one icebox is meant only for the storage of ice bar.
Accordingly what is needed in the art is an improvement that overcomes the above-mentioned deficiencies of the prior art.
It is to be noted that the prior art descriptions give in detail information of the technology, method, process and system known in the art. It explains the deficiency in the related art and the object of the invention being to overcome or surmount the problem associated with the prior art. This forms the essential feature and the object of the invention.
Summary of Invention
The inventors have made great effort to provide a system, which meet the
requirement of the industry and overcome the problem associated in the prior
The first aspect and feature of the present invention is to provide a system, which is unique, rugged, efficient and economical.
Brief Description Of Drawings
The accompanying drawings are intended to provide further understanding of invention and are incorporated in and constitute a part of invention. The drawings illustrate an embodiment of invention and together with the description illustrate principle of invention.
The drawings should not be taken as implying any necessary limitation on the essential scope of invention. The drawings are given by way of non-limitative example to explain the nature of the invention.
For a more complete understanding of the instant invention reference is now made to the following description taken in conjunction with accompanying drawings.
The various feature of novelty which characterize the invention are pointed out specifically in the claims which a part of description. For a better
understanding of the invention, its operating advantage specific objects by its use, reference should be made to the drawings and descriptive matter is which there are illustrated and described preferred embodiments of invention.
Referring now to the drawings, where like numerals designate identical or corresponding parts throughout the referred views.
Figure 1: Shows the block diagram of the trawler with cold storage unit.
2. I.C Engine
4. 12 V Battery 2 Nos.
5. Inverter 1.2 KVA
6. Cold Storage Unit
In the motorized fishing boats, the engine of the boat continuously runs throughout the period of fishing. The engine runs an alternator and it supplies power to the storage batteries (24 V). The battery power is connected to the inverter and a compressor is run by the power from inverter. The refrigeration system thus maintains the temperature for preserving the fish.
1) The Trawler with Cold Storage Unit.
Length over all - 13.00m
Breadth - 4.34m
Depth - 1.96m
Speed - 8 knots
Hull material - wood
2) The I.C Engine is the source for all the power supply inside the
trawler. Normally this equipment is placed at the bottom part of the
trawler. They are normally held in position with the help of long bolts
screwed to the surface of the trawler. They occupy the major portion in
the bottom part. There should be enough space provided around the engine for the purpose of starting and maintenance.
3) The Alternator is normally attached with the body of the LC.engine. The main purpose of the alternator is to convert the mechanical energy from the engine to electrical energy. It also converts the AC form of electrical energy into DC for the storage in the battery. The alternator should be kept such that there is no contact with that of water. It requires periodical checking for the output produced. It occupies less space.
4) The Battery is the device for storage of electrical energy in the form of DC. It gets the DC power continuously from the alternator as far as the engine is running. There are normally two batteries employed in the trawler . The batteries are placed nearer to the I.C engine. They should be kept away from the contact of water.
5) The Inverter is placed nearer to the batteries. They receive power from the batteries. The purpose of the inverter is to produce a 230-volt output from 24-volt input. The connection of the inverter with that of the batteries is done by means of wires. This enables the inverter to be placed anywhere nearer to the battery. It requires special attention that he inverter should not move anywhere during the running condition.
6) The Cold Storage Unit is the last and the final equipment involved in this method. The inverter provides the required power to run the compressor of the cold storage unit. This method provides flexibility to the fisherman for placing this cold storage unit anywhere in trawler according to their convenience. Normally this unit is placed in the top surface of the trawler. The link between the cold storage unit and the inverter is made possible with he help of wires. This unit occupies more space than all the equipments involved in this method.
Advantages of the Invention
1. The available I.C. Engine generates power for running the cold storage unit.
2. Marine products can be stored at the required temperature.
3. There is no direct contact of ice with the marine products.
4. No need to carry ice cubes and the cost of preserving the fish is reduced.
5. The fishing period can be extended as there is no problem of machine the ice and temperature is maintained at a particular value.
6. Overall cost of maintenance at a particular value.
7. Entire cold storage container can be occupied by marine products, as there is no space occupied by ice.
8. Drainage pipes are used for cleaning the storage unit.
9. Separate storing space for storing different varieties of marine products.
The invention has been explained in relation to specific embodiment. It is referred that the foregoing description is only illustrative of the present invention and it is not intended that the invention be limited or restrictive thereto. Many other specific embodiments of the present invention will be apparent to one skilled in the art from the foregoing disclosure. All substitution, alterations and modifications of the present invention, which come within the scope of the following claims, are to which the present invention is readily susceptible without departing from the spirit of the invention.
The scope of the invention should therefore be determined not with reference to the above description but should be determined with reference to appended claims along with full scope of equivalents to which such claims are entitled.
1) A trawler comprising an LC engine, alternator for producing
24 V D.C. powers, one set of batteries characterized in that it comprises a refrigeration unit connected to batteries through an inverter.
2) The trawler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the alternator gets power
from the LC. engine, which is also used to run the trawler.
3) The trawler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the alternator is directly
connected to the batteries in such a way the power produced from the
alternator is stored in the batteries.
4) The trawler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the inverter is connected to
the batteries and refrigeration unit in such a way that it draws the
required power from the batteries and converts it into A.C current
and supplies to the refrigeration unit.
5) The trawler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the temperature inside the
refrigeration unit is maintained at -22 Degree Celsius continuously to
preserve the marine biological product.
6) The trawler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the refrigeration unit can
be fixed anywhere in the trawler.
|Indian Patent Application Number||778/CHE/2004|
|PG Journal Number||26/2007|
|Date of Filing||06-Aug-2004|
|Name of Patentee||M/S. SETHU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
|Applicant Address||PULLOOR, KARIAPATTI 626 106, VIRUDHU NAGAR DISTRICT|
|PCT International Classification Number||F25D-19/00|
|PCT International Application Number||N/A|
|PCT International Filing date|